The indices are no longer active.
The DEFI Index aims to reflect the performance of a representative selection of tokens in the decentralised finance space.
It follows the methodology outlined in the Index Overview.
The Index is currently set up to contain four constituents.
The current constituents are the following.
- To have reasonably liquid price observation sources for the index performance, the price of the tokens is observed against Tether (USDT) on the following 3 exchanges: Binance, Gate.io and KuCoin.
- on the 3 token vs. USDT prices the median is taken.
- At the same time the USDT vs. USD price is also observed on the Binance US, Bitfinex and Coinbase, and again the median is taken.
- Finally, for each token the price vs. USD is calculated, by using the two median prices.
- These values enter the performance formula in Index Value on any Date for the
price_of_token[t=tj, a=i]at time
t=tjthe start of the series
price_of_token[t=tk, a=i]at time
t=tkduring or at the end of the series
The youves governance process can alter the index composition and the index methodology. Constituents can be added, removed or replaced and details of the calculations may be altered if necessary.