The DEFI Index aims to reflect the performance of a representative selection of tokens in the decentralised finance space.
It follows the methodology outlined in the Index Overview.
The Index is currently set up to contain five constituents.
The current constituents are the following.
For any rebalancing, the values for market cap and price USD of the tokens are observed on Coinmarketcap for convenience. The precisions are 100 million for the market cap and 1 cent for the token price USD respectively, the tez price USD is observed with precision 0.01 cents, in line with the data on the historical graphs on Coinmarketcap to simplify verification.
As of 2021-09-21 08:00 UTC
|Token||Market Cap||Market Cap %||Price USD||Circulating Supply||% * 1 tez||% * USD||# tokens|
- To have reasonably liquid price observation sources for the index performance, the price of the tokens is observed against Tether (USDT) on the following 3 exchanges: Binance, Gate.io and KuCoin.
- For each token vs. USDT price the median is taken.
- At the same time the tez vs. USDT price is also observed on the same three exchanges and again the median is taken.
- Finally, for each token the price vs. tez is calculated.
- These values enter the performance formula in Index Value on any Date for the
price_of_token[t=tj, a=i]at time
t=tjthe start of the series
price_of_token[t=tk, a=i]at time
t=tkduring or at the end of the series
The youves governance process can alter the index composition and the index methodology. Constituents can be added, removed or replaced and details of the calculations may be altered if necessary.